Monday, April 11, 2005

Your Favorite Athlete (a quickie update)


stl marathon 7
Originally uploaded by missyajg.
You know, we walked it, but we had SO MUCH FUN!!! I did convince my Newest Training Partner to run the last mile and a half-ish, but mostly because it hurt so much to walk by that point that the running was a HUGE relief. I am a proud 3,686 finisher. And I totally smoked her there at the end (I tricked her into thinking I was ok with a tie - seriously though, that's her fault for believing me) but the official results either have it backwards, or we had our chips switched. That's what I get for being a chump.

I will spare you the photos of the blisters Mullsey and I have on our feet. I am only sorry that I don't have any of the post-post-post race photos (i.e., after lunch, after the nap, during the netflix movie soaking in Icy Hot, heating pads, ice, and a pan of brownies between us).

Mullsey, my original training partner, did AWESOME and ran the WHOLE long leg (that Mullsey is unstoppable) for her relay.


stl marathon 11

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for not posting the post-race "beer" photo!
-Marfeld

Anonymous said...

Your "bro" should be proud.
~mom

Hachie Gal said...

and your time was?