Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Two quick thoughts

Saturday we saw Mr. and Mrs. Smith in the theater. I was surprised it released here the same time as in the US, but it did – yay for me!! Anyway, I’m not sure how GREAT of a movie I think it was, but I did enjoy it. However, 1 hour and 43 minutes spent with Brad in the theater is time well spent. Am I right, ladies, or am I right?

Also, I was thinking. You know how when you look at ancient scribblings on cave walls, papyrus or whatnot the writings look so primitive and basic (this could be just me and no, I haven’t frequented ancient caves, but that’s how imagine them … bear with me) … then I look at Asian lettering and it’s so artistic, creative and detailed. And then our letters are generally nothing more than curved lines and straight lines and combinations there of. So, I wonder if when Asian people, with their aesthetically pleasing letters, look at letters in Romance Languages, if it’s more reminiscent of an archaic pen and wall scribbling … the art of children like me who can produce nothing beyond a stick family, stick trees with circle puff leaves, curly-q-flowers and a circle smiley sun with stick rays.

Anyway, I'm just saying.

1 comment:

Hachie Gal said...

Remember, Asian characters have evolved as well. If you look at Chinese characters for instance, today's characters look much different than they did thousands of year ago. The earlier versions look rather primitive and stick-like, too. I think that the alphabets for SE Asia (ie. Thailand) and Middle East are more interesting than the Korean, Chinese, and Japanese characters. But hey, that is just me.