Friday, June 10, 2005

Oh how I miss the extremities!

I want nothing more than a glass of freezing cold water or scalding hot coffee. To leave behind the tepid bowl of soup and burn my tongue on a sip that hadn’t yet cooled. To flee the luke-warm plate of rice and take refuge in the blazing hot arms of a steaming casserole. To sit down for lunch with a chilled salad, complete with a smorgasbord of frost covered raw vegetables. To enjoy a cold beer with friends, at a perfect 32 degrees Fahrenheit, held at such a delicious state by a glass mug that had been kept for hours in a deep freezer. To get a brainfreeze from an overzealous gulp of frapuccino.

That and I really miss having an afternoon of television and an entire bag of Doritos all to myself.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, sounds like acute homesickness. Can only be cured by traveling north.
jb