Friday, June 24, 2005

Nearly done

As my D-Day approaches I am starting to salivate and long for what lies ahead. Day 1 involves a giant cookies gorged to it's seams with dark chocolate, and then I can probably settle and slow down a bit. My mom and aunt are in top form with invitation making, just about done with the exception of a few stragglers. I so left the country at the perfect time to avoid hand cramps from overuse of calligraphy pens.

It has only recently occurred to me that I've never actually been out of the country this long before. And the odd thing is, that I've missed it much more on my shorter trips. I guess one can really only take so much sightseeing before you need to go to the movies and sleep late, and I've had my fill of sleeping in here. Although, I fear that I'm aging exponentially here since I haven't been able to sleep past 7:00 a.m. even once. Maybe it's all the rice.

I have two Spanish classes remaining, a dentist appointment, a nail appointment (oh by the way, you can get a french manicure on your hands and feet for a grand total of $4 here. yeah, that's $2 for each. and they'll even handpaint a dainty little flower on your big toe and fourth finger for you if you so desire) and a going away party Saturday. Talk about a place that loves an excuse to party. I've been here 7 weeks and I'm having a going away party.

Dad, I'm making a list of Day 1 necessities. Expect an email.

No comments: