Friday, January 28, 2005

Not that it wasn't already The Greatest Day of the Week but now ...

I don't have to run or do any form of exercise on Fridays - it's our REST DAY. And I promise you that I check REST off the calendar within 45 seconds of waking up and you are a plain fool if you don't believe me. My running partner and I both take great pleasure in the not-packing-of-our-gym-bags on Thursday night. It's the most wonderful sort of empty space that I usually fill with cheetos. (As an aside, it is probably impossible to ask me to eat too many cheetos, cheez balls, oreos, or drink too much milk)

I have yet to really be able to bask much in this pleasure because every Saturday morning that we have our Long Runs, the weather has been bad. And by bad, I mean, less than 10 degrees or a windchill below zero. The wind, we couldn't deal with and so the run got postponed for a day, but the low temperatures, we just bundle ... and bundle. One of us (me), is used to about 10 months of summer followed by a brief cold spell that requires little more than a windbreaker, but I'm told that this will put hair on my chest. One can only hope.

Tonight it is supposed to snow a couple inches, and oh, a couple inches in the morning.

2 comments:

X said...

You made me smile.

That picture of your cat has to be the greatest picture I've seen in my life.

Thank you!

Keep writing, I'll keep reading.

---X

Missy said...

Who are you, I wonder, oh mysterious Mrs. X?