Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Let's Just Fix This Before It's An Issue

I am from a town called Waxahachie. There are about 12 people that live there, but fortunately, one of them happens to stand all day in the local grocery store and make fresh tortillas.

It is spelled W-a-x-a-h-a-c-h-i-e and was my end-of-the-year spelling test in the 1st grade. The pronunciation tends to get a little screwed up at times, so I'm here to help you with that.

"Wax" - pronounced like "Woks":
Example: I have no idea why I own two woks since I have no idea how to make chinese food. Let's make an omelet.

"A" - pronounced like "uh":
Example: Uhhhhh ... Excuse me, but I believe you have spinach in your teeth.

"Hach" - pronounced like "Hatch"et:
Example: What is the difference between a hatchet and a tomahawk?

"ie" - pronounced like "ee":
Example: If you don't know how to say the letter e then, chances are, you won't be able to find your way to this website in the first place.

So, altogether, Woks-uh-hatch-ee. Wax-a-hach-ie. Hachie, The Hatch, and the like all reference my hometown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i misread it as Waxachoochie...

Missy said...

Ahhh yes ... well our rival high school calls it that anyway, so you'd fit right in ... on teh other side of the tracks.