Monday, February 15, 2010

I cannot be trusted

Back in the day, I used to work in front of a computer. It was always difficult to not be distracted by things like reading news, gossip, blogs and the like on the internet. The amount of "interesting" content out there is astounding.

Today I told myself I'd work for a few hours so I could go and see a movie this afternoon. I desperately need to work and truly have no excuse not to but I found one anyway! Somehow I convinced myself that I was way behind in the musing and goings-on of several of my friends and now I can at least say I am caught up.

My accomplished "work" consisted of
1. I discovered the sound is working on the computer (aka I couldn't watch a you tube video)
2. our external hard drive is not communicating properly (aka i couldn't upload some old photos)
3. We did at least meet with a Realtor about listing the house. Step 1. Got a few more phone calls that need to take place in the next few weeks, hopefully we'll be on the market in a couple weeks at the latest!!

Not much point in pretending to be productive now. I don't know how anyone could work from home.

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

I know what you mean. If I'm home when The Child is in school I maybe get 3 hours real work a day done. If I'm at the library on computer with no distractions, I bust out a lot of good stuff.

Hope you get your external hard-drive things worked out!

Life is funny. But great!

BLAZER PROPHET said...

Clever blog you have. I was just blog surfing from Portland.

Ciao!