Friday, August 19, 2005

I like to use the word mature, rather than old

I haven't quite fallen into the student role yet (other than I did my laundry in the middle of the day on Thursday), I really don't think I am going to feel that way for a while. I've spent most of my week teaching 6th graders (SO fun by the way!). I have my first Wifely Duty this weekend with the Husband's Coworkers. I already feel like a cliche.

I've definitely moved to a college town though. Yesterday while driving in my car, I heard The College Song on the radio. To give you an idea, the chorus contained the lyrics "Oh Dad! Won't you be proud! I can do a keg stand for two minutes now!" and then some kind of similar message to his mother about coke and bourbon costing $2, then yada yada, the girls are easy ... Imagine my utter delight.

Oh and those 6th graders I'm teaching were born when I was a junior in high school. I don't think they would even believe me if I told them we didn't have the internet when I was in school. Friends, you are all very old people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine how I feel - I was a junior in college....feel better now - there will always be someone older than you. LB

Anonymous said...

Unless of course you are over 90 - then it's pretty much slim pickins.
LB

Hachie Gal said...

Let me put that age thing in perspective. I did not use a PC in college...yes, that's right. I used a manual typewriter....now that IS old.