Friday, June 19, 2009

We get it, you want us to leave, we would if we could, I assure you

Today should have been a great day. Dr. J's career proposal was funded yesterday. This is a big deal and it should mean a lot for him getting tenure. Anyone who knows him knows that he is the hardest worker and he has worked so much for tenure. He's a great researcher and he deserves it. Today is his birthday too.

But this morning when we got up our car was gone. Our new one that we just got. After doing every thing right. Our financial planner tells us to save up and try to pay for you car, so you don't have a car payment, so we did that. And we found the car we loved and found one used and drove to Birmingham to get it.

We saved up to have a good down payment on a house. And we got a small house in town that we could afford and got a security system installed since houses in town have more break ins. And it's been broken into twice. So we installed security doors.

And neither of us rushed into marriage. We got our degrees, found each other after grad school. I wanted to have a job that would accommodate a family, so I start teaching and we start trying to have a family but it's been more than two years.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

My heart is breaking for you...I am off next week. Please let me know what I can do to help then! Don't hesitate.

Brenna said...

Praying for y'all. Let me know if you need anything.

Courtney said...

BTDT on the last one. Not fun and very discouraging.