Saturday, April 10, 2010

Superstar of the Week

This probably breaks every rule of effective superstition, but I'm gonna gamble. After what has been an unrelenting 23 week streak of steadily worsening heartburn, I've had three days of relief. My doctor finally told me I could take Zantac and oh what a relief it is (I definitely had a jr. High cheerleading cheer with those very words ... minus Zantac of course).

I get to cap off my week of shopping, eating (finally!) and leisure at the parents house with a baby shower today that I'm super excited about because .... who doesn't love parties with delicious food and punch???

I'd also like to point out that I'm completely in favor of squads of middle schoolers walking behind me and cheering me on. Especially about the lack of vomiting and heartburn.

2 comments:

Melissa Ludwig said...

Plop, plop, fizz, fizz OH! What a relief it is. What the hell did that mean anyway? Why was that a cheer? Did the football players suffer from heartburn? Did we offer them verbal relief? --Melissa

Missy said...

Aha. See ... Well whether it was a purposeful cheer or not, I do not know. Clearly it was memorable though.