Saturday, June 07, 2008

On vacation day 1. I was only conscious for a total of 7 hours yesterday

Sleeping in, the two hour nap, and early to bed just doesn't leave much time for being awake.

I'm back in ColOmbia; the origins of this here blog. You either join the alzheimer-like pace here or you go nuts trying not to. Hey, if you can't beat em ...

Two of our adventurous friends are joining us tonight. This is the first time to bring an outsider into our little foreign fog. Kinda scary for us, but probably moreso for them. They get mad props for braving the Other America; it's certainly going to be an experience, one way or the other.

Things I have missed since my last visit; the food here is so good and all so fresh. Also, the culture here always keeps at least one servant in the house to cook all the meals and clean up after you, clean the house, do your laundry, make your bed, bring you coffee in the afternoon. The first time I came I felt a huge amount of guilt about it. That passed because, really, who doesn't want to be waited on hand and foot. For vacation purposes it so SO relaxing!! And, thankfully, it opens up more time for important things like the 2 hour nap i took yesterday. Don't blame me for being lazy, it's exhausting pretending to speak spanish all the time. I'm such a poser.

No comments: