Sunday, June 22, 2008

Exhausted

To gear up for one of my two weeks of works this summer, I went to Colombia for 12 days, came home, had a houseguest for 4 days during which time we went to Asheville and toured Biltmore, and made a chocolate cake for J's thirty third birthday. Saturday morning, Dr. J and I got up about 3 a.m. for a 6 a.m. flight out of Charlotte (it seemed like a good idea at the time!). I barely remember either flight to Pittsburgh. After we got here, we checked into the hotel downtown and noticed there was an arts festival going on a few blocks away. After unpacking, we visited there and because we are such cool and hip young folk, we opted to go visit the Science Museum rather than hit a Pirates game (even though we are only a few blocks from the stadium).

Jealous much? You didn't get to use hands-on activities to determine the most effecient airfoil shape, now did you? hmm???? HMMMM???? that's what I thought.

After all that good fun, I slept almost 15 hours last night. That's more than twice what I usually get. Poor Dr. J decided to work this morning while waiting on me to wake up instead of going to get breakfast. And he waited. And waited.

Incidentally, I LOVED my darling houseguest and we had a blast! Please come back someday!!!

No comments: