Monday, June 09, 2008

Mosquitos

I have so many mosquito bites on my feet / legs / arms that one of my ankles has entirely disappeared into swell. I have cankles from the mosquitos. Not to mention cankles covered in red circles with a dot in the middle.

This was the result of the asado (BBQ) yesterday, which was great and we taught lots of colombian women to play Nertz. And man can those ladies CHEAT! Within minutes of telling them the "one hand" rule, they had family members - multiple - backing them up four and five hands all playing for them. But they can suck it because I still won!! HAH! I would have shown mercy if it weren't for all the flagrant cheating.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Get em Amber! I bet Ashley tried to go back to cheating too! Way to stick it to them! Missed you guys yesterday at church! Hope you're having a blast. The weather has been 100 degrees for the last 3-4 days. It is miserable!

NNA said...

Hi , I found your blog by searching for "Nertz" online. It is cool to see others that know the game. I hope you don't mind but I just wanted to let you know about playnertz.com. It has got a bunch of Nertz information there as well as videos and online Nertz games. Feel free to check it out. Also you, your friends/family are welcome to join fellow Nertz players in The National Nertz Association while you are there there.

Anonymous said...

Hope you guys have fun in wonderul Colombia. Eat as much as you can and drink aguardiente for me. I bought tickets a couple of weeks ago... We are going to cartagena for a few days and then to buga, my hometown.
Say hi to juan, isabel and the rest of the caicedos.
Diego