Tuesday, March 21, 2006

This is probably one of those you-had-to-be-there-s

So a couple of weeks ago when Erika was here we went outlet mall shopping, like any good girls would do. We got a bit of a late start and swung by Panera for a little b-fast around 9 a.m. (I normally chug my target imitation slimfast shake around 6:30, so this was pretty late) sooooo ... about lunch time, we really weren't hungry, opted no lunch in exchange for more shop time. Clearly the way to go.

However, by the time we finally left the outlets it was a little after 4 and we were getting pretty hungry. As any decent outlet, it's located out in BFE (which isn't hard to come by here) so we had to drive to the next town to find a restuarant. Ever the good hostess, I stopped at the first IHOP available dreaming of loading up on the largest combination of breakfast food on the menu. I can't remember exactly what I ordered, but we got essentially the same thing: 2 eggs, sausage, bacon, hashbrowns, and 2 pancakes. Delish.

And I'll tell ya, those IHOPers, they get yer food to ya in a jiffy!

So we were talking as fast as we could eat, or eating as fast as we could talk, I don't really remember. Inhaling food as quickly as we did is much akin to being drunk (not that I would know, mom). A few shovel fulls into my hashbrown and eggs Erika warns me that I had egg (or something) on my chin. Frustrated for having to slow my eating, I slap it clean with a napkin, and proceed to devour plate #1 in three breaths. Plate #2, the pancakes, were saved for last.

I wish I could say I started to slow down, except that halfway through the slaughtering, Erika stops in mid-sentence long enough to say, "Missy. Now you've got syrup dripping from your hair."

I can't even write that without bursting into fitful tears of laughter. The best part is that there are a handful of you that read this that have probably preached something similiar to me in the past. I think I would have eaten with as much etiquitte if the waitress had just brought us a trough.

I don't think I've laughed that hard since Jr. High. You'll be happy to know that the laughing and cleaning slowed me down enough to make me realize that, indeed, I was actually full.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May I remind you that by the time we finished laughing and "realized we were full" we each had exactly two bites left. Best IHOP experience ever...

Missy said...

oh yeah that's right i forgot. :)