Wednesday, December 15, 2010

There is no end to the circle of electronic life at our house

I married a geek, albeit an adorable one who is a wonderful husband, but a straight up computer geek. The major plus side to this is that the electronics in our house work seamlessly. He has seizures when the dishwasher breaks, takes 4+ hours to hang a curtain rod (PERFECTLY - I dare you to find a flaw), but wow ... we have some fancy pants electronics.

We also have a 30 digit passkey to secure our wireless, full of alphanumeric, upper and lower case, and crazy symbols that most people don't know exist on keyboards.

Dr. J gave me Apple TV for Christmas (we have it early since we won't be here on the big day) a tool I didn't even know I needed. I can now stream anything from my phone to the television and control it with my iPhone (Ivanka) ... or use Ivanka to control the computer and stream from the computer to the TV using Ivanka as a remote. And play games. Modern couch potatoes are so savvy.

If you know how to install tile or refinish floors, your head is probably spinning and you didn't even finish reading the previous paragraph. But I'm sipping coffee, listening to Christmas music on the TV, and posting to my blog ... all from Ivanka. Ok, so Ivanka can't make coffee ... yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The little aliens from Toy Story? I hope you know what I'm talking about when I read your post with wide eyes and say...

"Ewwwwwwwww". Be still my heart. I'm going to go name my Iphone now. Wish I had thought of that a long time ago.